Monday, October 19, 2009

There are some bars that you immediately walk into and feel unwelcome or weird about being there. When I lived in Boston I had a set of places that I knew I could go by myself and not feel weird. This was the case for when we visited JC's yesterday. We went because they have the direct tv nfl ticket with all of the games which helps when stupid games or basically not the ones you want are playing at home on tv. We usually go to Kevin's but we have to drive there and since JC's was in walking distance we went for it. Upon entry there were only some people at the bar. We ordered our beers and made sure our game was on the television. After this, it only got better. We ordered the sampler platter which was amazing for 7.95. There were heaping portions of onion rings and beer battered mushrooms, deliciuos hand battered chicken tenders and mozzerella sticks. The bartender made fun of the fact that I was an Eagles fan but it made us feel welcome. The whole bar was social. And the bartender gave me a cookie. By the end of the night, we had made a few friends and for dinner had pretty good pizza: prebacked crust but fresh mozzarella and overall not bad. I know we will be going back for some neighborhood bartalk and football games. I also want to try their burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment